Call for Papers – Management and Operations Review (Gestão & Produção)
Special Issue on: "Digital Transformation, Intelligent Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management 4.0"
Prof. Moacir Godinho Filho, Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil
Prof. Luis Antonio de Santa-Eulalia, Université de Sherbroke, Canada
Prof. Fabiano Armellini, École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
Prof. Sven Packmohr, Malmö University, Sweden
Prof. Jane Siegler, Butler University, USA
SupplyChain4.Org (Collaborative Research Network on Supply Chain 4.0).
Industry 4.0 is a phenomenon in which emerging technologies of the physical, digital and biological worlds converge altogether to revolutionize the organization of value chains globally, disrupting business models, reshaping production, distribution and consumption (Schwab, 2016).
In this context, many opportunities for advancing business exist, particularly in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management where a digital transformation is undergoing fast. For many, this is just a business hype, but for diverse companies, this is a reality.
This special issue is dedicated to theoretical and applied works in this field. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Adoption of emerging technologies and Smart Devices (e.g., Big Data, IoT, Additive Manufacturing, Cobots, Autonomous Vehicles, Virtual and Extended Reality, Digital Twins etc.) and their impact on business and supply chains
- Emerging new business models (e.g. servicitization, social manufacturing, etc.)
- Humans at the heart of the digital transformation
- Education and Skills
- Enterprise and Supply Chain Strategy
- Integration, Synchronization, Cooperation, Collaboration
- Visibility, Transparency and Real-time Management
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain Analytics
- Product Innovation Platforms
- Modularization and Flexibility
- Operating Models and Approaches for the Digital Supply Chains
- Modelling and Reference Architectures
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All papers are refereed through a double-blind peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online in http://gp.submitcentral.com.br.
To submit a paper, please read our journal page instructions -
A typical article should not exceed 22 pages and all papers should be written in English.
- Journal's website: www.gestaoeproducao.com (In English, Portuguese and Spanish)
- Guest Editors: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Manuscripts due by: Jun 30th, 2019
- Notification to authors: march 1st, 2020
- Final versions due by: jun 1ts, 2020
- Targeted publication date: set 30 st, 2020
 Schwab, K. The Fourth Industrial Revolution. World Economic Forum. Cologny/Gevena: WEF, 2016.